This is one of my favourite times of year - parties, delicious food, family time and lots of reasons to buy gifts. All year, I keep a list of gift ideas carefully stored in my blackberry. When December finally rolls around, I am bursting with excitement to go shopping (and then spend hours wrapping!). Here are a few of my top picks for a little luxury under the tree.
1. Beauty: Farmhouse Fresh Body Scrub ($24) is a seriously yummy smelling scrub that restores softness to skin. And, a hilarious tag that reads “Smooth as a Duck’s Butt.” Perfect for all my girlfriends.
2. Home: These gold bookends will add a touch of glamour to any home. Available at Posh at Home.
4. Food: Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London’s Ottolenghi Foodies rejoice! A collection of vegetarian recipes in rather fresh combinations… delicious! ($39.95)
5. Travel: Diane von Furstenberg World Travel Adapter and Case ($95 USD): An absolute must for every jetsetter’s suitcase. This gadget fuses fashion with function featuring plug adapters for USA, UK, Australia and Europe, and a USB port.
6. Art: Art Gallery of Alberta Family Membership ($100): A year of free admission, exclusive invitations and special pricing on classes.
7. Memories: My parents have a beautiful tradition of buying ornaments every year to capture a memory. The ornaments on our family tree tell the story of our collective life events. I love the idea and find myself buying ornaments for my friends to symbolize events - babies, travel, weddings, professional accomplishments and more. One of my favourite places to pick up an ornament is Papyrus. .