Add healthy goodness to any meal with this yummy side dish.
p.s. Have you tried these other healthy, delicious recipes by Revive Wellness?: Stuffed Beef Tenderloin and Butternut Squash Pot Stickers
1 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup minced onion
½ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup diced celery
1 cup dry quinoa
2 cups sodium-reduced chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In an oven safe skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Sauté garlic and onions until transparent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add diced pepper and celery, cook for another minute.
- Stir in quinoa and mix to coat with vegetables and oil.
- Pour stock over all and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cover with lid or foil and transfer to preheated oven.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and grain is tender.
- Fluff with fork before serving.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional analysis per serving:
186 calories, 3.8 g fat, 30.4 g carbohydrate, 8 g protein, 3.7 g fibre, 285 mg sodium
For more healthy recipes, as well as practical tips to maintain health during the holiday season, purchase the Revive Wellness Holiday Survival Guide for $9.99 online or locally at the Revive Wellness Office (3728-91 Street)