Smack dab in the middle of the year, July 1st is a point of summer leverage for many. A landmark for travel plans, fitness goals, and summer fetes. Luckily for all of us Canadian eh-sayers, Canada Day happily falls on this mid-year milestone, allowing us a day of freedom to celebrate independence, time together and most of all, sunshine.
So get those fireworks ready, unfold your old school (and oh-so-patriotic) red-and-white-checkered tablecloths, because this at year’s BBQ your guests will surely leave with many glowing hearts!
1. Tea Tin Centerpieces: Friendly for picnic tables to bedsheets on the grass, these tea tin centerpieces happily add a colorful vintage touch.
2. Grub: Snack away on refreshing and cool crudite veggies dipped in a minted pea yoghurt dip.
3. Tunes: A Canadian holiday syncs perfectly with a new album from Canadian pride and joy Simple Plan. So go on! Get Your Heart On!
4. Shades: Cute and trendy, these Ray Ban Classic Wayfarer Sunglasses promise to satisfy the girly-girl in you.
5. Old Fashioned Parachute Games: Pay tribute to the good ol’ days with an easy to acquire, easy to inspire old school parachute. Fun for any size group of any age – now that’s one size fits all!
6. BBQ Hostess outfit: Play hostess in this flirty Summer Thistle Strappy Playsuit from FCUK.
7. Dessert: No diet will be able to resist a gelato served in a dip dyed ice cream cones. So stop waffling, and enjoy!
8. Sparklers: Don’t forget to pack your sparklers so you can create fireworks of your own!
9. Drink – Feel elegant and outdoorsy with this Rose Punch that is sure to do more than quench your guests’ thirst!