With Autumn fashions slowly sneaking into store windows, we cannot help but wish that time would slow down and summer would cancel her departure for just a few more days (or months)! But, before you give those “Autumn Blues” a chance to creep in, why not gather a few friends in the car, pack the telescope tightly in the trunk, and head out for one last Countryside Campout?
A Countryside Campout is a fun, outdoors-y event that require as much or as little planning as you want! Whether the venue is a summer cottage or a survival tent, small touches and décor are always sure to please. The only disappointment your guests might encounter is if your ghost story is a chick flick!
1) Handkerchief Invitations: These handy creations are a DIY project sure to set your Countryside Campout off right! Include a map to the venue, a packing checklist, or a unique ghost story on each one.
2) Hanging Lights: Rustic and easy, string a few hanging lightbulbs around the cottage and light some candles to ensure a glow that is warm and flattering.
3) Feather Accent Braid: Keep your hair away from the bonfire, and add a chic little detail like a feather to stay earthy and themed! Want to keep your feather in your cap and out of your hair? No problem! Try to weave a string of hemp or an earthy-toned ribbon through the braid for a different effect.
4) Toasted Marshmallow Milkshakes: While you are gathered around the campfire, a sweet treat to go with your sing-along is a marshmallow milkshake that is sure to make your vocal chords smile.
5) S’More to Go! Have your guests take home a piece of the Countryside heaven with these adorable s’more packages that will leave them wanting… more!
6) Hay Chairs: Seat guests on these comfy and unique hay chairs where they can huddle and cuddle around the campfire!
7) Tree Stump Centerpieces: Feel free to unleash the inner lumberjack by constructing these easy centerpieces made from tree stumps. Eco-friendly and eco-pretty, these chic additions will impress your guests in no time.
8) Scary Stories: Move over Hitchcock, there’s a new gal in town! Pick up this exact replication of the 1923 scary story compilation that is sure to send shivers down your spine.