Perfectly manicured nails are a memorable accessory to complete your fall style. Make a statement this season with the latest fun trends in sophisticated nail art.
Your nail polish collection is about to get a lot more exciting! We’re seeing a lot of bold jewel tones, creamy and high shine darks, and rich metallics. So many options for making the perfect combinations! We love the whole Deborah Lippmann Fall collection (available at Holt Renfrew).
Our top nail polish picks for fall 2011:
- Illusions d’Ombres de Chanel Fall 2011 collection (Chanel)
- Galion Nail Polish (NARS)
- OPI Touring America Fall 2011 Collection (OPI)
- Essie Fall Collection 2011 in Carry On (Essie)
- Chanel Blue Jean Nail Vernis Collection(Chanel)
- Deborah Lippmann Collection
Don’t cringe at the thought of having nails like Grandma. This season, oval nails are chic when they’re displaying the high pigment fall nail colours. Exaggerate the French tip (in contrasting colors) down the sides of the nail for a stylish, lengthening effect. Oval is the perfect shape to compliment your fresh moon manicure, too.
We couldn’t help but notice this season’s models wearing a modern throwback to the 1920s moon manicure. This time around, the key is to have bold, contrasting colours paired together on your nails with a half moon shape painted close to the cuticles. It’s fun and easy to do yourself!
- Paint the half moon shape colour on the entire nail.
- Once dry, cover the moon shape desired with a paper reinforcement.
- Paint the main nail colour over the rest of your nails.
- Remove the reinforcements and finish with a high shine top coat. The perfect gold for this effect is Chanel’s Peridot (available at The Bay).
Image above via Polished Casual
Another fun way to accessorize is by applying the patterned nail polish strips from Sally Hansen. There are so many patterns to suit all personalities and match any outfit, plus these strips come without the dry time of traditional polish! (Find these at any major drugstore)