E-Town is not your typical business conference. Actually, we don't really think of it as a business conference. Sure, there is probably some networking that could be done, but seeing the line-up of speakers will certainly be the most enlightening part.
E-Town is a two day event on September 12th (evening) and 13th (full day) that includes keynote speakers, break-out sessions, food truck lunches, and even a concert (Barenaked Ladies perform Thursday night)!
The list of speakers is still growing, but here's who they have lined up so far:
- Colonel Chris Hadfield - He's the former commander of the International Space Station that excited Earthlings with his twitter updates about our planet from above and life on the ISS.
- Hilary Mason - The chief scientist at Bitly and listed on Forbes Top 40 Under 40 list, this lady is a mover and shaker in too many tech spheres to list.
- Guy Kawasaki - Best selling author, former chief evangelist of Apple, special advisor to Google, and co-founder of Alltop.com. His diverse background in arts, business, and technology has allowed his presentations to take on interesting perspectives.
- Tiffany Shlain - She's a filmmaker and founder of The Webby Awards who has probably lost count of the number of awards she's won for her films and achievements. She'll be presenting her "Cloud Filmmaking Manifesto" and telling us about her collaborative (and successful) approach to filmmaking around the world.
- Sean Durfy - He's a highly sought-after speaker and expert on corporate culture. He's the former president and CEO of WestJet and former president of ENMAX.
Tickets for E-Town are going fast. Register yourself today. If you're unable to go to the conference but you want to catch Barenaked Ladies, you can snap up tickets to the concert for only $49.
See you there!