When you think of exploring all 5 senses in Old Strathcona, taste is probably the first that comes to mind. There are so many great places to eat and drink in the area, we simply couldn't cover them all. Instead, here is a small sampling of some of our favourites.
Breakfast or Brunch
- Under the High Wheel - great atmosphere inside or on the patio. Take your special someone, some girlfriends, or your parents. Everyone would love it.
- The Next Act - Breakfast basics + pub/diner atmosphere = just what Sunday morning ordered.
- New York Bagel Cafe - Tucked around the corner north of the farmer's market, you'll feel like you're in a different city if you're lucky enough to get a table in this cozy place.
- Julio's Barrio - This tops the Whyte ave patio list if you can get a spot close to the sidewalk. Watch the world go by and sip on a bulldog. Perfect way to beat the heat.
- Dadeo - This New Orleans style diner packs a bit of heat in all its cajun dishes. Classic, comfort food in a room that feels a bit like a movie set.
Snack or Dessert
- Crave Cupcakes - Gillian's favourite cupcake place in the city never disappoints. Their cupcakes are never dry and somehow finds a way to be not too sweet. Treat yourself to a few flavours in the mini size.
- Block 1912 - Be sure to open up the drawers and read little love notes while you enjoy a little snack.
- Coffee: DaCapo - Sip a cappuccino and delight in some housemade gelato.
- Tea: Cally's Tea - stay to enjoy or take some home.
- Cheers: Pourhouse Bier Bistro - Somehow, you can always find a seat at this watering hole.