We love this: It's another one of those inspiring projects where creative Edmontonians come together and make brilliant things happen.
The Little Free Library is simple: Take a book, leave a book. Look for old newspaper boxes with fun facelifts that say "free books" in and around the Oliver neighbourhood.
The project was started last September when Oliver Community League acquired 10 old newspaper boxes. Annalise Klingbeil and the Community League gathered artists and residents to give the boxes a spirited new look. Over the next six months, they found new homes, used books, and some volunteer librarians.
Little Free Libraries can be found in all shapes and sizes around the world. These are the first in Edmonton and will hopefully inspire more communities to make libraries. So simple, with such a big community building impact.
Oliver Little Free Library Locations:
- Oliver Community League Hall - 10326 118 St NW
- Condo Building - 9940 112 Street
- SNAP Gallery - 12056 Jasper Avenue
- Robertson-Wesley Church - 10209 123 St NW
- Paul Kane Park - 121 St NW & 103 Ave NW
- Constable Ezio Faraone Park - 11004 97 Ave NW
- Duchess Bake Shop - 10718 124 St NW
- Grant Notley Park - 11603 100 Ave NW
- Downtown Edmonton Community League- 10113 104 St NW
- Mill Woods - 15 Grand Meadow Crescent NW
Images via Make Something Edmonton