- I've always admired these Loyal Loot Log Bowls but haven't convinced myself I really need one. They're the perfect gift: something I want but don't need. Locally made and available online, at 29 Armstrong, Plum Home + Design, or Carbon.
- The Bay keeps stepping up their game and the Canadian in me would be proud to have a piece or two from their heritage collection. This wool throw and mug look like a cozy combination.
- I'm struggling to find words to describe how much I admire Chris Hadfield. I was over the moon (get it?) to see him at E-Town Conference in September, and I can't wait to read his book.
- Presentation is key when it comes to gifts from me. Finding the right wrapping materials for each gift is my favourite part. I shop at The Artworks, Notables, and Papyrus for beautiful wrapping and ribbon.
- These are the reason Anthropologie stores smell so good. Every hostess is happy to burn these delicious candles at their party. Find them at Anthro or Lux.
- Evoolution makes gift sets easy for us with groups of 6 sample oils/vinegars like Pasta Lovers, Italian Sodas, Dessert Lovers, Favourite Pairings, and more.
Gillian's Can't-Miss Event:
One of my favourite things to do during the holidays is take in the Christmas lights along Candy Cane Lane and at the Alberta Legislature. Both with hot cocoa in hand, of course. This year's goal: find some figure skates and see if it's true that "you never forget how to skate." I might be an exception to that rule.